Sunday, November 22, 2009

Showers of Love!

My amazing Mother-in-LOVE and my best friend Jenn threw me the most BEAUTIFUL baby shower this Saturday. It was such a lovely *surprise* and just blew me away. They worked so hard! I am so grateful to them and to all those who came and sent gifts. Amazing!

I'm not gonna lie...I'm getting more and more excited to have this baby. I mean, that's what opening newborn size sleepers with matching beanies will do to a girl!



Sunda with a "baby in her belly." The baby was born effortlessly about 30 seconds later. Complete with diaper and onesie. If it were only that easy...




Opening one of many amazing gifts.




Me at 30 weeks. I feel bigger even today. I'm just now at the stage where I'm imagining that this could get a leeeetle uncomfortable in 4 weeks or so. Baby stretched yesterday and I felt like I couldn't make enough room for him/her. I'm pretty sure this only gets exponentially stronger in the next 10 weeks. Suck it up, Mama!

We're having "Christmas in November" for Thanksgiving this week. Four more church visits and two more weeks...and we'll be back on a plane for South Africa. This time absolutely FLEW by. I don't think I've ever been so ready to get back to Africa, but so hesitant to leave the U.S. I feel unprepared and overwhelmed in terms of packing, shopping, and making plans. This is mostly due to the fact that most days I'd rather just take a nap. Aren't I supposed to feel energetic, fantastic, and like Wonder Woman in my 7th month?????

3 comments:

Beth said...

Jessi! You look soooo beautiful and the shower looks like it was so much fun. I really wish I could've been there. I love you!

Ashley M said...

You look great! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. Sure, you're going to get more uncomfortable and bigger - but it gets much more fun and interesting! Praying for you in all things about this baby! Where are you for the next 2 weeks?!!?!

Richard Close said...

Is the Jesse from Sons of Thunder?
Richard Close
http://insidemissions.ning.com