Friday, June 25, 2010

Tired Mama

I live here:

Surely one of the most beautiful views in the world.


I have an unbelievable husband:



Not to mention, two beautiful children, a fulfilling ministry, and loads of amazing friends.

And yesterday…I wanted to leave it all and go sit poolside somewhere, with a magazine and a Big Mac (don’t judge).

I didn’t want to teach Sunda to count. I didn’t want to pick up smashed cookies from the carpet. And I didn’t want to bounce Kya until she fell asleep. I wanted to say, “Beam Me Up, Scotty!” and be gone. For a few hours, at least.

Sleep deprivation will make you think crazy things.

And to top it all off, when I got the kids to bed and looked forward to a long, hot shower, there was no hot water. I had waited too long. The fire had gone out and the water was cold. Blah.

This morning, I determined that I would disappear for a few minutes. I changed, dressed, and fed Kya and then strapped her into her chair with a toy. I helped Sunda dress, got her some juice, and put a cartoon on. And then I closed the bathroom door and took a scalding shower and ignored the fact that Kya was fussing and Sunda was yelling for me.

Sometimes you just have to do that.

That shower made me feel like I can put in another 5 months without complaint. It’s the little stuff.

3 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

oh i'm right there with you. last night joel was up the entire night - not sure why but i dreamed i got in my car and drove off. met brent - since he's on a work retreat right now and told him the kids were at home probably screaming their heads off :) haha at least it was just a dream. but i'm about to go take my shower of sanity i call it and recharge for another day. but at the same time iw ouldn't trade this life for anything.

Beth said...

I can't relate, per se, but I will tell you that I won't ever judge you for wanting McDonald's. :) I love you & I can imagine that you are the best mom!

Mrs. Bloomsbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.