Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 Day Journal

Today is definitely a new day in terms of my perspective and attitude. 10 hours of sleep last night and a nap this afternoon probably helped quite a bit. After re-reading what I wrote last night, I decided that I am going to try and journal for the next 10 day about how we are re-adjusting to Zambia. (We'll see if we can even get the husband in on the blogging action.) It'll be as much for my own records as anything else, and should be interesting to see what the next 10 days holds.

So, like I said, it's a new day. There are still bugs in my bed. (This is due to the fact that in the rainy season, the damp thatch roofing attracts little tiny bugs that love any moisture, including sweat.) But, church was great. Jake and I sang our favorite praise song, "Ta Kwabaoowabanga Jesu" at almost every church we visited back hin the States. But today, we finally heard it the way it's supposed to sound. It felt like home to be in a tiny, dark church singing loud enough for the cows to hear.

How's Sunda adjusting? Does Sunda actually have to adjust to anything? She dove right in yesterday, rolling in the grass, taking off her long sleeve shirt, and cruising around on her little tricycle. "Look at da gorge, Mommy!" "There's da doggie, Mommy!" "Where's Auntie, Mommy?" I think we can safely say that Sunda is a true missionary kid, she goes everywhere happily with little adjustment period. Now if she can just get her Momma to catch up!

The internet is fast enough for me to post a picture (how cool is that!) So, here you have Jake and Sunda on their moto-cross mud adventure today. This was the first thing she wanted to do when we got back, can you blame her?


See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Beth said...

A 10-day journal -- I can't wait! And I'm impressed. I can barely manage to blog once every 10 days. :) Miss you and love you. Welcome home!

matthump said...

Jessi-
Tahnks for sharing with us. I can live my "dream Missionary" life through you and your family. Thanks also for the info on adoption. I am not optimistic with your info and what I hear on a yahoo group. However, with God all things are possible.

Kerry Ann

Andrea said...

I loveeeeee "Ta Kwabaoowabanga Jesu"!!!!!! I also sang it at presentations when I got back from Zambia... I'd give just about ANYTHING to hear it right now- the way you described-- loud enough for the cows to hear :) and to dance like that again-- dance like no one in the world is watching and to dance like you can't even help it because you want to give God that much praise! AHHHH If American's could just 'catch it' ...

I'm a little behind, but I just spent the last couple hours catching up on your blogs and I'm in awe. It's amazing. God is so good- you're always in my prayers.